Thursday, January 11, 2007

There's No Business Like Snow Business

I want to know what the f*ck we did to piss off the weather Gods up here in Latteland.

First we had November, which set an all time record for rainfall.

The we had the December wind storm that left large areas of Western Latteland without power for several days. It did a record amount of damage.

Last night we had a real nasty snow storm. Mrs A. and I had an appointment at Group Health in Bellevue at 5:00 last night. As we turned off of 405 to head East on 520, I said "I just saw a snowflake!" it was corn snow, and by the time we had gone the couple of miles to Group Health, the road was white.

When we got out, it was a mess. It took us about a half an hour to get there. It took us three and a half hours to get back home.

We have about six inches of new snow this morning. The temperatures are dropping, so tonight all that water will be turning to ice.

Mrs A. stayed home, but I went to work. Lots of empty parking spaces here at the Lazy B. It should be a quiet day.

When I got here I called her to tell her that I had arrived in one piece, she wanted to know if I would come home at lunch time and give her a ride to work.

I bought her a $30,000.00 four wheel drive SUV so she could get around, and she won't drive in the snow. I can't decide whether to be impressed by her common sense, or pissed at her for her reticence.

Well, I got to go sacrifice a goat to the weather Gods.

5 comments:

Rick said...

I am SO SICK of WEATHER. Gimme my old favorites, drizzle, showers, rain, and an occasional sunbreak.

rennratt said...

What the heck is corn snow?

We'd like some COLD weather here.

If we don't have a hard freeze soon, the crops will NOT go well in the spring!

Al said...

Rick: Yeah, a nice stretch of mild, drippy gray would be nice right about now.

Renn: It's kinda like hail, Little round balls of snow.

When I'm sacrificing the goat, I'll put in a good word with the weather gods and see if they won't send you some of our excess cold.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...you DO NOT want to read my blog post for today. Trust me on this one.

And, should that be me and The PK in that "won't drive in snow" situation? He'd be pissed at me for my reticence....and he'd let me know about it too.

Al said...

PQ: I got up an hour and a half early this morning to drive Mrs A. in to work. I never had a problem, but she absolutely PANICS if the car slips at all.