Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getaway

Mrs A. is getting cabin fever. She had it REAL bad when we had all the snow and cold, and is a little better now that the cold and ice is gone, but she just wants to get away.

So I booked us for a weekend at the Lake Quinault Lodge (http://www.visitlakequinault.com/) for the weekend following Valentines Day. I proposed to her at the lodge on Valentines Day, so I figure I will make double bonus points, and a temporary immunity to the honeydo list. Not that I have ulterior motives or anything.

I also agreed to take the condo on the Oregon Coast for a week in September. We will have to figure out what to do with V. for that week, but can always take him along if we HAVE to.

So now Mrs A. has a couple of things to look forward to. She will function a lot better if she has some rewards to think about.

R. came over last night to get some dressier clothes, because she is going to a Government Job Fair today. I sure hope she gets something.

She looked a lot better than she has. Her life seems to be stabilizing. I took her to Chang's Mongolian Grill to eat. She can be such an attractive, personable young lady when she chooses. Or such a hideous viscous bitch. It's like the old poem:

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle
Of her forehead

And when she was good
She was very good indeed
And when she was bad
She was horrid.

8 comments:

Rick said...

That sounds REALLY good about now. Are you staying in the boathouse, or will they take the dog in other rooms as well?

Al said...

The only place they will take animals is in the boathouse, so that's where we will be.

rennratt said...

My father used to quote that poem to me...

I grew out my bangs, so it no longer applies.

Al said...

In my endless pursuit of useless information, I checked it out on line and discovered that it was written by nne other than WH Longfellow. And I think I can still see the curl......

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"Not that I have ulterior motives or anything."

Something tells me that that line is a bunch of bullcrap, right? :)

(And I STILL have bangs and can be horrid, by the way...;)

Al said...

PQ: A romantic setting, out in the Olympic National Forest, no TV, no phones in the rooms, no kids. We'll have to find SOMETHING to do.......

Daphnewood said...

cabin fever seems to be spreading. I hope you have a good time, finding SOMETHING to do ;)

Al said...

D: We'll wait and see what pops up.