Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well, I declare

Winter to be over.

As of now I have cancelled the rest of winter and declared it to be Very Early Spring.

One of the things I have been known to say, is that I miss Winter, Seattle only usually having two seasons: the warm rainy season, and the cold rainy season. Every once in a while we have a dry season (also known as August). Very seldom do we have Winter.

One of the advantages of living in Latteland is that if you want to go to winter, Snoqualmie Pass is less than an hour away. People strap boards on their feet and go fall down mountains and break various appendages all the time.

But down here in civilization, we generally avoid the symptoms of true winter, like snow and ice except for an occasional temper fit by the Frost Queen or her toady nephew, Jack. Well, they have proved that they have some sway over conditions.

Fine, they proved their point. Now they can go the hell back where they belong.

So I have decided that Winter is over.

8 comments:

Rick said...

About f*ckin' time, too!

Al said...

If this works, I'm Going to charge....

PBS said...

Yay! I'm ready for winter to be over too, even though we had a warm one (compared to normal temps)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Our weather was strange here...a whole lot warmer than I ever remember ANY winter to be./..and I've lived here my entire life.

While I enjoy that...it makes me wonder how bad the environment is getting, you know? Scary.

Anyway, glad your winter is over...;)

Michael said...

I never thought I'd get excited about 40F weather... and rain! ;-)

Al said...

PBS: You haven''t had Winter yet. Mother Nature is luring you into a false sense of security, and then WHAM.

PQ: Thie has been the WORST Winter ever up here.

Michael: I never thought I'd be happy to see the gray and the drizzle, but after all the cold and ice, I'll take it.

Daphnewood said...

I am ready for it to be over too. Today we are suppose to get 2-4 inches more of snow. The ice still hasn't melted from last week either. I have only seen a couple of winters here but usually the snow melts before the next storm moves in. I have no idea why it didn't follow protocol this time. It has to be that Frost Queen and her nephew.

Al said...

D: That darn Frost Queen. I'd havev her banished if it wasn't necessary to have a good hard freeze to "set" a lot of plants.