Friday, January 12, 2007

Not too bad

Mrs A. wanted to have a ride to work today, so I had to get up a couple of hours early. The streets weren't bad at all.

Mrs A. knew I was not real happy about having to drive her around when to my perception there really isn't a problem. She promised me a little something special for running her around.

Last night I went out to get pellets for the pellet stove, but the place was closed. There was a sign on the doors that said they had closed early due to inclemment weather. I'll probably wait until Saturday to get more pellets, and get a ton. That will take two trips, but will probably last the rest of the winter (assuming that this eskimo weather doesn't persist).

It's been a challenging week, and I am sure glad it is Friday.

Drenching rain, hurricane force winds, arctic cold.

What the heck is next, a twister?

(knock on wood)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of rounding up all the unsold snow shovels here in the Boston area and setting up a concession out your way.

Al said...

Sounds good to me. We'll split the profits. Then next summer we can brouse the yard sales, pick them up cheap, and sell tham again next winter.

We'll be rich!