Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Break is over, Back on your Heads

Which is the punchline of a middlin' bad joke.

I am back at work, although they had to drag me in kicking and screaming "No it's not my time yet. Just let me have a couple more days!!"

The walls are painted and about half of the flooring is down, so somehow I need to kick myself in the ass tonight and get to work on it after I get home.

R. called on Friday. I had gotten a text message from my Cell Phone Service Provider, and they were telling me that I had ordered a new cell phone for $200.00. It had actually been ordered by R. without asking me or anything. So I called up and tried to cancel the order. They told me the order was already being processed, and they probably wouldn't be able to catch it. I told them to try.

I tried to get ahold of R. to bitch her out, But there was a message saying that she had lost her cell phone. To protect myself I put a hold on her service.

On Friday when Mrs A and I got home from getting all the stuff to redo the master bedroom, the UPS truck pulled up and I refused delivery on the phone. R's call was after that, so I let her know there was no F$%^ing way I was going to pay $200 for a new call phone for her when she didn't even call me on Father's day.

They are supposed to come and get the Blazer to put a new clutch in it today. The estimate is just short of $1000.00. And remember, that is only an estimate.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

AAAAAH!

I'm glad that you caught it in time.

Best of luck with the blazer.

Michael said...

That was a pretty bold move on her part... good thing you found out about it in time!

Al said...

Renn: I was fuming. We had just been talking about how we were going to make sure the package got refused, and as soon as we got out of the car, here comes UPS.

Michael: I spent a quite a bit of time in the phone with my service provider getting it cleared up. What nerve!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good for you for catching that phone. I tell you what, it pisses me off that these young people today (God, I honestly never thought those words would even leave my mouth...so now I'm officially middle-aged, I guess) want everything friggin' handed to them! The PK and I got a phone call from his ex-wife last night wanting money from us to get their daughter a new computer. Their daughter will be 23 next year!!! I mean, the "kid" has a full time job and has hardly ANY bills to pay...hell, I still cover her under my health insurance. She's old enough and responsible enough to buy her own damn computer!

Oooo...didn't mean to go off like that but I COMPLETELY understand where you're coming from.

Al said...

PQ: Rave on! I couldn't agree more. I have a niece who was going to College on daddies dime, wrecked three cars and expected my brother to replace them. She is a stuck up spoiled rotten brat. Guess where she is going to work?

HR.

I always wondered where they got the people for HR. Now I know

Al said...

.

Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.