Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Under Attack

I am beginning to think that fate has me pinned down and is kicking me in the ribs.

Things were so wonderfully quiet for six months, now its smack, bam, whack and finally, boot,

Yesterday I got an e-mail from Rs boyfriend. She took off three weeks ago to go back to her street life drug culture. I had hopes that they would develop a serious enough relationship to keep her from falling back into the Meth culture. Seems I was optimistic. He is heartbroken that he could not do anything to help her. I feel sorry for the guy, because I have been in that position for the last five years.

I have at least gotten to the point where I know I can't do anything, so I don't beat myself up anymore.

It still hurts like hell.

I hope she gets caught and sent to jail. It is the best thing that could happen to her. It would give her the opportunity to get straight, and take a good long look at herself.

It sounds pretty shitty when I say it, but to me the other big possibility is for her to come home in a pine box.

9 comments:

Michael said...

Wow that sucks to hear Al... but you're right, what can you do about it at this point? You can't lock 'em up yourself or force them to change if they don't want to. The best thing is probably for her to get busted and be forced into a treatment program, but even that won't work without a desire to change.

Al said...

Michael: Absolutely right. You can't help somebody that doesn't want to be helped.

Al said...

Rick: Thanks. Since this is not the first time we have been through this (or the second) it is not nearly as painful. We learned a bunch of lessons we never wanted to learn.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Al. You have worked, prayed, begged, yelled, hugged and cried with R. You have done all that you can for now. Hopefully she will wake up one morning and want to leave that kind of life behind her forever. You are in my thoughts and prayers *hugs*

Al said...

Daphne: Thnks for the encouragement. Thank God I have Mrs A. to help me through this.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I understand completely. At least in jail, she can't hurt herself or anyone else....and she may just straighten up.

I know back when The PK was "running" the bars, I'd worry about him getting into trouble...but then I'd get to thinking, "Well, at least if he's in jail, he can't hurt himself or anyone else...plus I know where he's at come nightfall!"

Still, I am very sorry she fell off the wagon like that....:(

Al said...

PQ: We have learned a few things along the way that make it a little easier. She is an adult now, and responsible for herself, so it is a little easier to just let her be.

rennratt said...

Add me to the list of those praying that she will get caught and put in jail...

Sorry to hear that she fell off the wagon again.

She was doing so well!

Al said...

Renn: She finally called yesterday, and she is doing betterThanks for the prayers. I have left it in the hands of the Lord, But I am still there to help her if she wants to get back on the wagon.