Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Say how mmuch?

Since I know what is coming, I went on the Internet today to research Asian style furniture.

Holy crap!

I love Asian style furniture. There are basically two ways to go. The Japanese clean line minimalist way, or the Chinese elaborate hand carved elaborate style. Doesn't matter which way you go, they are both too damn expensive. A really nice dresser in either style will set you back over a grand.

We really don't have that kind of money. I mean, I would love to go first class all the way, but if you add up what it woulld cost for the furniture, we are talking around $6,000.00. no way that amount of money will ever be running around free in this house.

I had to cash in some stock futures to get through the Blazer repairs. It was supposed to go for a trip to the Orient, but instead it goes for a transmission and clutch. Shit!

Now it goes for car stuff. My Blazer only has 63,000 miles on it. If you think I will ever buy a simillar product, you are sadly mistaken..

As soon as I get the Blazer back, it goes up for sale. I want a mid-sized pickup that I can tow behind the RV and use to take stuff to the dump, and get reasonably good gas mileage. I will permanently mount a tow bar to the front so it can be used to run around when we get where we are going.

This so totally not where I had envisioned myself to be at this time in my life.

Oh well.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

So where did you envision yourself?

I know I am no where NEAR where I thought I'd be!

Anonymous said...

"modern" style furniture with the clean, straight lines can often look very asian. You might want to try that. We got a whole bedroom set for $2500

http://www.furniture.com/common/product/ProductInfo.aspx?itemid=196330&ChildId=196330&xs=218facad1b6-f8f6-43f6-a973-3ae5de316be0

'course... gonna guess they don't deliver to Latteland, but something might come close.

Rick said...

Two words... Ford Ranger. It'll be the last pickup you'll ever buy. And I'm not where I expected to be, either. I blame the Republicans.

Al said...

PQ: Let's start with retired, not raising a teenager, Mrs A and I traveling somewhere cool a couple of times a year. Tinkering in the garage with a classic sports car. So, I have the sports car.

No Celery: I was thinking of going down to the waterfront and schleping about the junk and antique stores.

Rick: That's where my thoughts were going, was a Ranger.