Monday, July 16, 2007

Break Time

It is almost noon, so I am taking a break. We have been painting all morning. Everything always ends up more work than you anticipated. We are just about done with the painting.



I took apart our King Size bed and moved it to the spare bedroom. It leaves about 6" of space on one side and none on the other, so we are really Sandwiched in. On the positive side, it is a very quiet room.



As soon as Mrs A. gets done with the last touch-up of the paint (did I mention she is 0bsessive/coompulsive?), I will get started puting in the new flooring. It is a Senna Cherry Pergo, so it will match the colors of the paint real well.



Of course I get to do the floowing all by myself. I will probably ban Mrs A from the room when I am doing it, sice nothing pisses me off more that getting advice from someone who doesn't know how to to whatever it is I am doing.



I am apt to say things like If youo know so damn much about it, why aren't you doing it yourself?"



Did I mention that my mouth occasionally gets me in trouble?



I also decided to bite the bullet and have someone else replace the clutch in the Blazer. I can do it myself and save a bunch, but I just can't do the really heavy stuff by myself any more.

3 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"Did I mention that my mouth occasionally gets me in trouble?"

I think you might have mentioned that a time or two...;)

Sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. Of course, we'll need photos but you knew that already, didn't you? :)

Anonymous said...

Whenever the hubby and I do a project, I always try to make sure we have separate jobs.

Neither of us will put up with the other giving "helpful tips" on how to get OUR job done.

Actually, now we almost always hire things done... just saves headaches.

Al said...

PQ: Photos will be taken. Too bad I didn't take any "before" pictures.

No Celery: Actually, Mrs A. and I work very well together. Most of the time.