Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day

Happy Fourth of July.

We all need to take a moment today to explode things....

errrr I mean reflect on the rockets red glare, and explosions.....

I mean our privelege to set off fireworks.......

no,no,no, I mean to enjoy the rights and priveleges fought for and won by our ancestors. And explosions and fireworks and rockets.

V. Is off with his Dad for the rest of the week, and although I will enjoy the peace and quiet, I will miss him at the same time.

I have always visited the Reservation to buy illegal fireworks for the Fourth. Every year. But this year I won't be going. I have no big desire to set off fireworks, since there will be no kids around to get off on them.

I really AM succumbing to geezerdom. first an RV, now no fireworks on the Fourth. Next thing you know I'll be settin' on the porch yellin' at the younguns to keep the hell off my lawn.

So go blow something up.

Preferably not you fingers or anything.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I went and watched other people explode stuff this evening, hope that was ok! ;-)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I actually held a roman candle in my hand and shot it off last night. First time I ever actually "participated" in the whole exploding thing (because you can't actually count sparklers as "exploding" things).

I'd much rather just sit back and watch then participate. I think the whole "let's make something explode" is a guy thing, you know?

Al said...

Michael: I confess. I scrounged up some left over firecrackers and set them off. Once a Pyro, anways a pyro.

PQ: Good for you! Now that you are "experienced", you'll probably be setting off sparkler bombs next year. (If you don't know how to make one, just ask....)