Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday Morning

The fact that I'm writing this, and you're reading it means we both survived the weekend.

Saturday, I spent a good part of the day out tinkering with the Airstream. Nothing big. Replaced the O rings in the sink faucet. Got the toilet and shower working, although the coupler for the shower leaks like a sieve and needs to be replaced.

Rehung a cabinet door that wouldn't close right and kept swining open when we were traveling. likewise a cabinet drawer that kept coming open. Took up the carpet runner so I could access the mounting hole for the table, and installed the table. Since the carpet runner has been there forever, I believe this is the first time the table has ever been installed.

L. came by so her mom could take her out to get pampered for her birthday. It was the first time they have had some time to themselves since Mrs A. and I met. It was good for both of them.

Sunday was V's fifteenth birthday, so he had a bunch of fellow game geeks over for a marathon day of playing Halo. Pizza and ice cream, and I gave up the rights to the big screen for the day.

I missed the baseball game, but I guess it was OK, although I understand the M's broke a tie in the 9th inning. They have been amazing lately. Then the coach announced he is retiring.

WTF?

They are doing well, on a seven game winning streak, catching up to the Leage Leader, and right in the middle of the seasom, he walks? Just about every coach around would give their left nut to be in his position.

WHO were those guys in the dark glasses and pin striped suits anyway?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah I thought his quitting was weird too but there might be more to it than everyone thinks. No one really knows what was going on in the clubhouse. Or maybe he is sick. like terminal sick and he just wants to be with his family. I thought firing Narron was weird too. I mean I know the Reds are in last place but I seriously don't feel the guy has much to work with. It is like asking a heart surgeon to work his magic with a butter knife.

Happy birthday to V! Everytime you mention him and his habits it just amazes me how teens are the same through out the nation. Halo gets played a lot in this house too.

The Ferryman said...

I have read that he just lost his passion and enthusiasm for the game. It's been building since last year.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Not too much the baseball fan but I love me some college football! ;)

Sounds like you had fun tinkering...and sounds like you really like the Airstream! :)

Al said...

Daphnewood: There has to be a lot more going on than we know.

Or a brain surgeon to work with a machete.

Mr. Fab.: He's taken a last place team and put them in comtention. It's my personal theory that management told him they wouldn't go out and get anyone on the trading wire, so he said "F*ck it, I'm out of here."

PQ: Huskies rule! Gators or Seminoles?

Nothin' better than a big fancy toy that needs some tinkering.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Me - Seminoles

The Peanut King - Gators

Do you have ANY idea the uproar at Palace Peanut when those two teams play each other. Oh. My. God.

;)

Al said...

PQ: I can imagine. Our bib rivalry here is Huskies vs Cougars.

Dogs rule, cats drool.

What do you say to a Cougar in a suit and tie?

Will the defendant please risr.