Monday, July 09, 2007

The Third Shoe Drops

As I said in my last post, bad things usually happen in threes. The $1200 brake job on the Airstream was one. The clutch going out in the Blazer was two.

I didn't have to wait too long for the third shoe to drop.

When I got home today there was a piece of mail waiting for The Parents or Guardians of Vincent Warren from the Library. When I opened it up I about lost control of my bladder.

It was a bill for $891 from the library for unreturned items (42 in all). Lots of CDs and a bunch of books. V. says he did not take any of the items out from the Library. He kinda hinted that he had loaned his library card to someone else. I told him "Shit V. that is about the same as lending them a credit card".

He said he would take care of it. I told him it was his responsibility. As of right now, I was going to buy him an X-Box 360 for his birthday, but he would not be getting anything until it was taken care of.

He said "I guess I trust people too much." No shit Sherlock.

Some of life's harder lessons you can only learn first hand.

11 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's a sad, hard lesson to learn but it's true.

I would've FREAKED getting a letter like that.

Al said...

PQ: I was so mad I was trembling. If the little shit had been around right then I may very well have pounded the crap out of him.

Rick said...

Ouch! I know the feeling. When we left California, a friend of our son's used our old phone number to rent movies which he then SOLD! $320 worth! We told the cops where to find him.

Al said...

Yeah, Vinnie is going to learn this one the hard way. I have told him it is his debt, and he will pay it off or get the stuff back.

Michael said...

Jeez, that's a lot of library fines! Yeah this is a good life lesson in trust and responsibility!

Al said...

Michael: Even if he recovers the stuff, the late fees are over $100.00.

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

holy hell! $891 library fines!

*clasps firmyl hold of my own and daughters library cards.*

xxxxxxxxxx

Denny Shane said...

I'd die... will be interesting how he settle this.

Al said...

EW: I about had a coronary.

Denny: He's going to go up to the Library tomorrow and do a little detective work

rennratt said...

Wow.

Tough lesson to learn. Better now than as an adult, when it could affect his credit report!

Al said...

Renn: Yeah, it's one of lifes more difficult lessons. You look at the world a little differently afterwards