Monday, January 28, 2008

CAT Scan

Indeed there are no CATS, or golfish or other animals inside me.

However I have three (3) small kidney stones in each kidney. This promises to provide me with many hours of "Entertainment". The only consolation is that the Doc says they are small and shouldn't get stuck on the way out. That does not imply it will be a painless process.

Right now nothing is happening. I think they all are in a rest stop on the Great Urine Superhiway.

I wish they would just form a convoy and head on down the road. It leaves me in a state of suspense. I won't take the Percocet unless I need it, but there is no way to predict when they will hit the road. The Doc just says to keep on drinking. Unfortunately adult beverages are not on the approved list of fluids.

On a completey different note, the ML3 Concert on Saturday was a lot of fun. The band was in the groove, and the audience was appreciative. Standing ovations and all that. A good time was had by all.

After sound check and before the show, there was a BBQ. Just hamburgers or dogs or chicken, but it was all good. There was about 45 minutes before the show started, so we asked the sound guy to put on some music.

He put on Enya.

I like Enya, but not for this crowd. After about the third song, the natives were getting restless. I happened to have my iPod with me, and asked them if they could load from it. They said sure, so I plugged in my iPod and switched on Johnny Lang's "Turn Around". Go here: http://www.jonnylang.com/ to listen to some of his stuff. Pretty soon the crowd was up and dancing. It got them warmed up for the show.

The show was great. The were on stage about an hour and a half.

Everyone had a great time.

Nice way to spend a Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time!

Good luck with the "small" stones.

Al said...

ncp: We get to do it all again this coming weekend. We are giviing a concert for the homeless. But this one will be full lights and sound.

As the good book says "This too shall pass".

Rick said...

New meaning to "The Rollings Stones", no?

Al said...

Rick: All sorts of Rolling Stones jokes flitted through the underbrush of my head, but I couldn't capture any.