Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Nice Way to start out the Year

The decorations are all packed away in their green tubs, the Christmmas Villiage is all taken apart and back in the basement.

The tree is stripped, but I have yet to take it apart and stow it away.We have spent the day lounging around. I have been reading, and messing with the computer.

It's a good way to start a new year, taking it easy, sitting around. I took a nap. we watched a couple of episodes of Monk.

I have to go pick up V. from his dads later this evening. I need to go out anyway and gas up the truck for work, and we need milk.

Tomorrow is back to the grind, sort of. Mrs A. has a couple of doctors appointments, and I am going to drive her, so I will only be working a half day. A good way to slide back into work.

If it wasn't for the money, a guy could sure get used to this staying home stuff.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Heck, if it wasn't for money, a Peanut Queen could get used to that kinda "staying home" life too! :)

Beach bums don't need money, do they??? That's what I want to be when I grow up! ;)

Anonymous said...

Damn that mortgage!

Al said...

PQ: Royalty should be able to get along on their title and people's geneosity.

NCP: Nine years and change on the mortgage. The end is in sight.

sue said...

You have all the Christmas stuff PUT AWAY? Oh, geez...

I like my daughter-in-law-to-be's comment: "I want to be a stay-at-home mom with no kids".

I think that's what I want to be now! LOL! Maybe if I'd win the lottery... hmmm..

Happy New Year to you and yours, Al!

Al said...

Sue: I have been at Boeing long enough that when people ask me how far I am away from retirement I just answer "One day."

And the tree is still up. althought it is free of ornaments.