Monday, January 14, 2008

It'll be a Boy!

I got a call from R. and she is going to have a boy. That's what she wanted, so it's cool with me. As long as it has all the apropriate parts and everything works, it's fine with me.

I love kids, and really enjoy watching them develop, discover things, learn stuff. They'll believe just about anything you tell them.

As it turns out, having Saturday off wasn't such a good thing. The Seahawks did a pretty convincing job of getting whupped by the Packers. At least the first five minutes were exciting, when they took a fourteen to nothing lead. But from there on it was all downhill. I'll blame it on the weather. As soon as the Seahawks took the lead, the Packers called in a blizzard. If it had been a rain downpour, it would probably have been fine, but Birds don't fly well in the snow.

But Sunday was a beautiful day. Blue skies and sunshine. So I spent most of the afternoon out tinkering with the Jensen Healeys. The good car is not getting any spark, so it looks like I need to pull off the intake manifold so I can get to the distributor and double check the setting on the points.

I can't find a replacement part for the Evaporative Control System cannister. I pulled the part off of the car and gleaned what little information I could off of it, and spent at least an hour on the internet. The closest I got was a rebuild kit for it, but that doesn't include the canister itself. I guess I'll have to figure out a way to fix the one I have. I think I will order the rebuild kit on the assumption that I will figure a way to make what I have work.

That's all for now. How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't rooting for either team in that game, but I totally agree that it was the snow that did Seattle in... The definition of home field advantage, I guess :)

Al said...

ncp: The Superbowl loss we blamed it on the officiating. This time it's the weather. Pretty soon we will run out of excuses and win it all.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Eh, my weekend was okay. Least I didn't have to work.

A boy! Congrats to R.!

You know, if I could've had just one child, I SO SO SO wanted a baby boy. Don't get me wrong, whatever, boy OR girl, I would've been happy....but secretly, I wanted a boy! ;)

Al said...

PQ: For a single mom, a boy is usually a lot easier to raise. Throw them into a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, and life is good.

~grey said...

thanks for the advice!!!

It all comes down to trust and respect!!!

Sarah said...

Boy o boy! Hope it all goes very, very well.

Also, the first five minutes of the game were very exciting. Especially when you're sitting in an airport bar with a bunch of Minnesotans. Or at least people in a airport bar in Minnesota.

Al said...

Grey: You can get through just about anything if you have trust and respect.

Sarah: I'll bet the patrons were throwing things at the big screen. Did you learn any new words?