Friday, January 18, 2008

Junk N' Stuff

I came to work and then took a Percocet, because I don't like driving after taking one. They throw off my sense of ballance.

They work just fine for killing the pain, but I have a real hard time concentrating. I tend to drift off. I guess it's a good thing that I don't have a lot to do. OH, and I really don't care.

I'm pretty sure Mrs A. is going to take an early retirement. If she were to retire today, the credit union will pay her $625 a month for life. I told her she should take it and go to school to do something she WANTS to do. Or she could do volunteer work any number of places. Or work part time, or just stay at home and be a housewife, or anything else she wants to do. Hell, it I had someone willing to pay the bills and everything while I went back to school, I'd jump at the chance.

One of my passtimes is puting together jigsaw puzzles. I have put together one called "The Worlds Most Difficult Jigsaw Puzzle". It was a doozie all right. Right now I like 1,000 piece puzzles, but they have to be very high quality. My mom loaned me one by Jumbo that was a painting of a Japanese Geisha. It was taken from a painting by Carl Bang, and is absolutely beautiful. I went on line to see if I could find any more like it, and there are several. I ordered one, and it arrived yesterday. It is of a Balinese dancer in full regalia and pose. It is going to be a real bugger to put together, but I will enjoy every minute of it.

I'm hoping some of my parts for the Jensen come in today. I'm kinda stuck until I get the new coil and electronic ignition kit, as well as the evaporation control assembly. Oh well, it is a long term project.

Tomorrow Mrs A's sister is coming over, and we are taking her out to dinner to the Bahama Breeze. We have been there a couple of times, and the food is excellent. Of course I will not be able to indulge in any "Adult beverages" because I am taking Percocet. I've heard that a couple of beers and a Percocet are a reak nice combination, but I don't want to start down THAT road. That road can lead to a read DEAD end. No thanks.

Hope all y'all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a "World's Most Difficult Jigsaw Puzzle" that's a red tulip in a field of yellow ones, and is printed on both sides and cut certain ways and all sorts of things to keep people guessing. I've never actually taken it out of the bag/box, as I've been terrified that I'll immediately lose important pieces.

We did have a circular jigsaw puzzle of a jungle scene, with tons of green, that I used to love to do over and over and over again.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Al said...

Sarah: The one I did was small pictures of cats. The picture was the same on both sides, but 180 degrees out. Each piece could go in two different ways. It took a couple of months. When I was done, I took it down to work and donated it.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha (evil laugh)