Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Found it on eBay

After spending a couple of frustrating hours on the Internet on Sunday looking for the Evaporation Control Assembly for the Jensen Healey, on Monday I went in to work, and at break time logged in on eBay, and guess what?

When I searched the auto section, there was the part. It was expensive, but the likelyhood of me coming across another new one was miniscule. I have no doubt that I could figure out an acceptable fix for the broken one, but if I could get a new one, so much the better.

I like eBay, but I hate the auctions. If I want to buy something, I just want to buy it, end of story. I just don't like the waiting.

The engine is not getting any spark. It is either the coil or the points. In order to check the points, you have to remove the intake manifold and carbs, disconnect about a half a dozen hoses. This just so you can get to the distributor.

I decided to redo the ignition to make it electronic. There is a kit made to fit inside the distributor that eliminates the points. If I have to tear the manifold off, this will be the last time.
I will also upgrade the coil at that time. Then it should be good for years.

Mrs A. continues to have problems at her job. She has the doctors orders to only work 32 hours a week. She had her annual review yesterday, and she did well. However her Supervisor told her that all positions in the dapartment are full time, thereby implying that if she doesn't work 40 hours a week, she will be let go.

I told her to just hang in there, work her 32 hours and ignore them. If they let her go, she can get unemployment and go back to school. She has never been on unemployment in her life. It is a benefit she has earned and payed for.

She needs to do what is best for her, whatever that is. She has my backing 100 %. Sure, we will miss her salary, but she won't do herself or me much good if she drops dead of a stroke.

7 comments:

rennratt said...

Uh, The Company can not let her go for complying with Doctor's orders.

If The Company accepted the Release, it implied accepting the terms as well.

Correct?

Al said...

Renn: That's what I thought. We'll see what they try to pull. I can always "lawyer up".

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah, I'm with Rennratt...they can't do that to her...not if it was ordered by her doc.

It'd be nice for her if she wants to go back to school though...

Good luck with the car! :)

Anonymous said...

Companies may hate workers comp, but they are required to comply.

Supervisor was, I think, just trying a scare tactic.

Al said...

PQ: I'd really like to see her go back to school, so she could go do something she wants to do.

ncp: There are always ways around things, but yes, I think it was a scare tactic.

Rick said...

Sounds to me like the company is asking for a lawsuit.
Next time you need something from eBay, try using esnipe (ensipe.com). You decide the maximum you'll pay for an item, enter it in esnipe and they place your bid at the very last second, fifty cents higher than the highest bid... up to your maximum. Costs are minimal.

Al said...

Rick: Thanks. I really don't use eBay much, but when the chance came up to buy this part, I had to jump on it. It's not something that's readily available.