Friday, January 11, 2008

Committment

We're Goin' to Jail this weekend.
Again.
The Christian Rock Band we crew for (ML3) is Performing this Saturday at Mission Creek Womens Facility. The facility is located out in the woods of the Olympic Peninsula west of Belfaire Wa.

Go look at their MySpace page and listen to some music: http://www.newmorninglight.com/index.htm

This get's you to their Home Page. Click on the ML3 MySpace link and it will take you to where you can listen to some of their music.

This means I won't be able to watch the Seahawks playoff game on Saturday. If I had known when they asked, I might have been a little more reluctant to volunteer, but I made a committment and I keep my promises. They run a pretty tight ship there, and you have to have a squeeky clean record to get in, so not all of our normal crew can get in.

It's a lot of hard physical work too set up 20,000 lbs of gear, so I made sure to stock up on muscle relaxers and pain killers for Sunday.

It will be good to see the members of the band and crew again, and doing soomething for someone else with no reward except the knowledge that you did it is fulfilling. We might actually make a difference in someone's life. I figure that's more important than a football playoff game.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: